Robert P. Wargo is a senior counsel in the Los Angeles office of Manning & Kass where he practices on the Strategy, Writs, and Appeals Team. Mr. Wargo has extensive experience handling civil litigation and appellate matters, including long tenures at a business litigation boutique and a plaintiff/class action firm in Los Angeles. He has worked on more than 25 appeals in both state and federal court, including oral argument, and has both brought and defended pre and post-trial motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and pretrial evidentiary motions.
Mr. Wargo received his BA, magna cum laude, from Duke University in 1988; a masters degree from the Annenburg School of Communications at the University of Southern California in 1990; and his JD from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law in 1994. Prior to becoming an attorney, he worked in entertainment public relations.
Mr. Wargo is admitted to practice in California and Connecticut (currently inactive), and before several districts of the United States District Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has been a champion on several game shows and is actively involved in the local music scene, having sung with several choirs and in many opera productions. He is a longtime member of the board of the Duke University Alumni Club of Southern California.
- Manning & Kass Obtains Summary Judgment In Favor of the Los Angeles Rams and USC
- Manning & Kass Successfully Defends Judgment In Favor of Major National Drug Store
- Robert Wargo Wins Unanimous Summary Judgment Defense in Nightclub Performance Injury Case
- Case Dismissed! SWAT Team Does it Again
- MSJ Granted in Construction Breach of Contract Case
- Jeff Lenkov and Robert Wargo Score Summary Judgment Victory on $3 Million Product Liability Claim