Lynn L. Carpenter is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Manning & Kass. She practices with the Governmental Entity Liability Team.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Carpenter was an assistant district attorney in Payne County, Oklahoma where her work as lead or co-counsel resulted in the successful prosecution of complex felony assault trials including child abuse, sexual assault, and domestic violence. As an assistant district attorney, Ms. Carpenter developed special training protocols in conjunction with law enforcement professionals for evidence gathering and trial preparation. As an ardent advocate of victim’s rights, Ms. Carpenter was keenly responsive to victims who were in the unfamiliar, and often hostile, courtroom environment. As a standout for victim’s advocacy, she was awarded the Be The One Award for child abuse prosecution in 2015.
Ms. Carpenter earned a BA in liberal arts from Langston University and a JD from the University of Tulsa College of Law. During her tenure in law school, Ms. Carpenter received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in trial practice, evidence presentation, state administrative law, and legal reasoning, analysis, and writing.
Ms. Carpenter is admitted to practice law in Oklahoma, California, and the United States Central District of California.
- Manning & Kass Promotes Two To Partnership
- Lynn Carpenter Speaks at LAPA’s Holiday Benefit Gala
- Tony Sain and Lynn Carpenter Win Another Jury Trial for Riverside County
- Tony M. Sain and Lynn L. Carpenter Win Civil Rights Case For Riverside County Sheriffs
- Clean Sweep for Manning & Kass Governmental Entity Liability Team in March
- Defense Verdict in Case of Skull Fracture of Unknown Origin